Air Canada Cancellation Policy | Refund
Air Canada is a very premium and the biggest airline of Canada and it covers 207 major destinations all over the globe. It offers flexible policies and hassle-free booking and cancellation facilities to its passengers. Due to some reason, if your upcoming journey planned has been canceled but you have booked the confirmed ticket with Air Canada and searching for cancellation so your search has ended here because here you will get complete information step by step for cancellation process and Air Canada Cancellation Policy so just follow the below-given steps for the online cancellation process.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- Air Canada cancellation policy is only applicable for online booking or API.
- If passengers cancel their booked ticket before 24 hours from the scheduled departure of the flight, in that case, cancellation charges will not apply but passengers cancel their ticket after 24 hours then cancellation charges will apply.
- Cancellation charges are not fixed, it will depend on distance, travel date and time, and other factors.
- If passengers booked tickets through reward points or miles so after cancellation, the amount will not refund through money meanwhile the amount will revert as miles or reward points.
- Passengers can cancel their ticket before 2 hours from the departure of the flight time but there will not get any types of refunds.
Steps to Cancel Air Canada Tickets
Before canceling a ticket, you have to carry or remember your booking number and there are two ways where you can cancel the confirmed ticket, here is Air Canada cancellation process
- Firstly, visit the official website of Air Canada.
- Then, tap on the My booking manage option.
- After then, enter your booking number, last name, and debit/credit card number used for the duration of the booking.
- Sign in to your Air Canada account and go to all bookings.
- Now, click on the Booking cancel option or link.
- Then, follow the system instructions for cancelation & your booked ticket will cancel.
- If you will complete your cancel process then you will get the confirmation email on your registered email id.
Therefore, users can easily cancel their booked Air Canada flight ticket through the above-given steps. But, before canceling the ticket, users must read about the Air Canada refund policy otherwise, users will not get a full refund after cancellation.
Some Important Point of Air Canada Refund Policy
- No, the refund is applicable for any type of award ticket.
- After cancellation of the booked ticket, the refund amount will credit after 10 to 15 working days if you booked online or 20 – 25 days if you booked your ticket through a travel agent.
- The refund amount will transfer to the same bank account which was used for the duration of the flight booking.
- If passengers have selected non-refundable flight tickets on the duration of booking so on that condition, passengers will not get any type of refund after cancellation
- If travelers have applied any voucher or promo code on the duration of booking, so passengers will get a refund of the same amount.
Air Canada Delayed and Cancelled Flights Compensation
If Air Canada is responsible for flight delays and the flight is delayed more than 3 hours, the law requires that passengers be compensated so if you arrive at your destination more than three hours late you might be entitled to Air Canada flight delay compensation. If there is a cancellation of an Air Canada flight less than 14 days before the flight leaves Europe, Passengers can receive a $ 700 per person cancellation compensation. Airlines do not need to pay compensation if they are able to offer a flight that will arrive at the same time as the original.
Moreover, if passengers want to get a full refund amount so passengers should carefully read the Air Canada Cancellation Policy. The above-given cancellation policy is true but not fixed because Air Canada changes its cancellation policy from time to time or according to the situation. Thus, passengers can get a full refund, if they follow the above given Air Canada Refund Policy. Air Canada has some changes in their refund policy timely so visit the official website of Air Canada or contact the customer representative for refund details.
Cancellation Charges on Air Canada Flight Cancellation
A sudden change in travel plans is one of the most common things and you can cancel your flight for a lot of possible reasons. But do you know what your airline is charging on flight cancellation because whenever you cancel a flight ticket, airlines change a huge amount? Hence it is very important to know about the cancellation charges of that particular airline before requesting for cancellation of the flight. If you book a flight with Air Canada Airlines and you are planning to cancel your flight then you should know the cancellation fee.
- If you made the ticket cancellation request after the 24 hours as risk-free cancellation then Air Canada's cancellation fee is applicable between $ 100 to $ 500.
- A fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as an Air Canada airlines cancellation fee if you cancel your Air Canada flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight. Passengers can request a cancellation after canceling their flight tickets.
If all the above instructions are not helpful for you then you can dial the Air Canada phone number to get better information regarding Air Canada Cancellation Policy and its charges.