KLM Cancellation Policy
KLM is a world-class airline. Which covers hundreds of destinations across the world. Some of the destinations covered by the KLM are Amsterdam, Cape Town, New York, Lima, Beijing, Johannesburg, and others. You can book a ticket to your travel destination on KLM airlines easily. You can book online and via ticket booking phone number also. Sometimes you have to cancel your flight ticket for some reason. You should know the KLM cancellation policy so that you don’t have to pay unnecessary cancellation charges.
KLM Cancellation Policy in Brief
- If you cancel your non-refundable flight within 24 hours of booking you may be eligible for a full refund.
- If you cancel the non-refundable ticket after 24 hours you will have to pay the reservation charges.
- You are eligible for refunds if you make a booking online and you book a refundable ticket.
- If you avail of KLM flexibility services you are eligible to make changes 3 times without paying any extra cost.
- If you book your ticket from a third party then you may not be able to get any refund at all in case of cancellation of the flight.
How to Cancel KLM Airlines Flight
KLM cancellation policy is important to know but when you are clear about it you also need to know how to cancel a KLM ticket. Well, below is the process to cancel your ticket online.
- First, open the website KLM and then click on the login button. Here you need to enter your user name and password.
- After log in you need to select the ‘Manage Booking’ tab. Now you will see on your screen empty fields where you need to enter the booking code number with the flight name.
- After that, you need to select the passenger’s detail. Then click on the ‘Apply’ button and then select the ‘Cancellation’ button.
- Now you have to select the correct date and time of the cancellation. Now you need to select the flight that you want to cancel.
- After that click on the ‘Continue’ button and then follow the further on-screen process. You can also apply for a refund here.
KLM Cancel Flight Compensation on Flight Cancellation
Passengers are allowed to submit any claim directly with the KLM airlines website,
There are two types of compensation are available with KLM airlines.
- KLM flight was canceled
- KLM airline's flight was delayed.
There are various circumstances when KLM flight can cancel or be delayed such as Due to bad weather, airline strikes, bird strikes, runway closures, heavy rain, or others.
As per the EU rules, passengers can claim compensation for a KLM canceled flight on certain conditions.
- Passengers need to inform about the cancellation of the KLM flight less than 14 days before the departure.
- KLM airlines offer an alternate flight, and it will reach a destination more than 4 hours or behind the actual schedule or more 2-3 hours late.
- If any KLM airlines flight has been canceled then, passengers can claim up to 600 Euros or depending on the flight type. But, in case, the flight has been delayed more than 2 hours from the actual departure time then, passengers can claim the compensation voucher for the meal or dining but, it will depend on the flight or class.
KLM Refund Policy
This is also essential for you to know the KLM refund policy. Below are the situations in which you can apply for a refund:
- If you cancel your KLM ticket within 24 hours after booking
- When your flight was canceled and you did not opt for an alternative flight.
- When you booked a ticket that allows you a refund in case of cancellation. However, a cancellation fee may apply in this situation.
- If you are flying within Europe on a same-day outgoing and return flight and your flight got delayed by more than 90 minutes.
- You are flying outside Europe and your KLM flight was delayed more than 3 hours.
- If there is a situation of the death of the passenger.
- When you are denied a visa. An administration fee is applicable in this situation.
- If your connecting KLM flight is delayed by more than 5 hours and you decide not to fly to your final destination.
KLM Cancellation Charges
As per the KLM Cancelation policy, if any passengers want to save their cancellation fee then, cancel their reservation 7 days or 24 hours before the booking or scheduled departure of the flight time.
The cancellation will only accept by the official website of the KLM but the cancellation charges are different and it will consider the distance, duration, class, or other major factors.
If any passenger cancels their booking on the same day then, he/she have to pay around 45 dollars to 125 dollars as KLM Cancellation charges.
After cancellation, the rest of the amount or refund will credit to the same bank account or original payment mode which was used for booking within three to four weeks.
If any passenger is living outside a country such as the USA then, the cancellation charges might be high and the passenger needs to pay 120 dollars as KLM cancellation charges.
In case, any passenger is suffering serious disease, illness, injury, government or military or judicial order then, passengers can cancel their flight before departure of the time and the cancellation charges can be waived off but he/she would submit the important document to the authorized department.