Lufthansa Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you have booked a ticket with Lufthansa Airlines but due to some emergency, you want to cancel their booked ticket. So, don’t worry, here you will get the right information about the cancellation process as well as the Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation policy. To get full details, just see the below-given steps.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy
If you are going to cancel your booked ticket so hold that because if you will not understand the Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy then you might face difficulties with your refund amount. So, if you want to know about cancellation rules and regulations of Lufthansa airlines, just see the below-mentioned important steps.
Travelers can cancel the booked ticket before 24 hours from the scheduled departure of flight time then, they will not get any penalty.
If they cancel their ticket after 24 hours from the flight departure time, then a heavy cancellation charge will apply.
Cancellation charges are not the same for every time, they depend on distance, route, time, date, or other features.
Passengers can only cancel their tickets via the online or official booking office of Lufthansa Airlines.
How To Cancel Lufthansa Airlines Tickets
- Just visit the official website of (https://www.lufthansa.com/) Lufthansa Airlines.
- Scroll down and choose the My Booking section.
- Enter the Ticket Number and Traveller Surname in the box.
- Tap on the "Find Bookings" button.
- Choose your flight and hit the "Cancel" button.
- After this, you will get a cancellation confirmation email and the refundable amount will be transferred according to the mode of payments which has been chosen.
Therefore, passengers can simply cancel their booked tickets via the above-presented steps. after cancellation, Lufthansa Airlines will inform you about the cancellation of your registered email address.
Lufthansa Airlines Refund Policy
- The Lufthansa Airlines refund policy is applicable after the cancellation of the ticket.
- The refund amount will transfer after 7 to 10 working days or it also depends upon the mode of the payment.
- If you canceled the ticket via a travel agent so refund amount will transfer within 15 to 20 days.
- After the cancellation of the ticket, passengers will submit the refund request form for the refund amount.
- The refund amount will transit on the same payment mode which was used for the duration of ticket booking.
- If you booked an award ticket so that will not refundable.
- If passengers don’t submit their refund request within 48 hours after canceling their ticket so Lufthansa Airlines can cancel their refund amount due to late submission.
- Accordingly, passengers can easily get a full refund, if they follow the Lufthansa Airlines Refund policy accurately.
Cancellation Charges on Lufthansa Airlines Ticket Cancellation
A sudden change in travel plans is one of the most common things and you can cancel your flight for a lot of possible reasons. But do you know what your airline is charging on flight cancellation because whenever you cancel a flight ticket, airlines change a huge amount? Hence it is very important to know about the cancellation charges of that particular airline before requesting for cancellation of the flight. If you book a flight with Lufthansa Airlines and you are planning to cancel your flight then you should know the cancellation fee.
Few points of cancellation charges are given below
- If you made the ticket cancellation request after the 24 hours as risk-free cancellation then Lufthansa's cancellation fee is applicable between $ 100 to $ 500.
- A fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as a Lufthansa airlines cancellation fee if you cancel your Lufthansa flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight.
- Passengers can request a cancellation after canceling their flight tickets.
If all the above instructions are not helpful for you then you can dial the Lufthansa airlines phone number to get better information regarding the flight cancellation policy and its charges.