Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Airlines is one of the biggest airlines of the United States and it offers flexible cancellation rules but, if you are planning to cancel your booked ticket before starting the cancellation process, just must be aware of the Southwest airlines cancellation policy which will assist you for the 100% refund as well as hassle-free cancellation. Just follow the below-presented steps.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
- Travelers can save their cancellation charges if they cancel their booking within 24 hours from the purchase date.
- In case, if travelers cancel the reservation after 24 hours of the booking then, they have to pay cancellation charges.
For refund amount, the cancellation must be made by southwest airlines website, helpline number & the authorized booking center.
Essential notes for Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Due to the bad weather or emergency, southwest airlines flight has been delayed more than 3 hours then, travellers can claim complimentary vouchers for the food & dining. This facility will depend on the class & fare.
- In case, Southwest Airlines flight has been canceled then, travelers will get the opportunity to book the next flight without any cost or they can also claim a full refund amount without any deduction.
- According to the southwest airlines cancellation policy, for relative death, serious injury & major illness if any travelers were unable to complete the journey then, they can claim a 100% refund amount without any cancellation charges but, that will also depend on the documents & travel insurance.
How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight Ticket
- Open any favorite web browser and visit the Southwest Airlines website.
- Then, the ‘Change/Cancel’ option. (Situated at the right-hand corner of the homepage)
- Write the ‘Confirmation Number’ as well as ‘First & Last Name’ of the traveler in the boxes.
- Check the box on ‘Cancel’ and then, click on the ‘Search’ button.
- Select your booking and tap on the ‘Cancel’ button.
Therefore, after applying the above-mentioned steps your Southwest airlines flight ticket will cancel and you will receive a refund amount within 10 to 15 working days or depending on the payment mode.
What are the Cancellation Charges On Flight Cancellation
As per the southwest airlines cancellation policy, for the wanna get away flight ticket holders can reschedule their flight but that will be non-refundable.
Passengers will get the opportunity to cancel their flight 10 minutes before the departure for the wanna get away ticket holder.
The refund fare will transfer into the travel fund which can be used till 1 year from the purchase date.
For the anytime & Business select ticket holders can also cancel their booking 10 minutes before departure without any cancellation charges and travelers will credit the refund amount into an original form of payment.
For the case of the non-show ticket, travelers can't cancel their booking at least 10 minutes before for any class holder.
Travelers can use their travel fund within 12 or 1 year from the date of purchase.